LOKMANYA TILAK COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING,NAVI MUMBAI
1. As per AICTE norms, it is mandatory for every student enrolled to complete the internship during their 4 years of Engineering, failing which a student may not be able to get the degree certificate even after completion of necessary course credits.
AICTE Internship Policy – 02.04.2019,
1. Internships are educational and career development opportunities, providing practical experience in a field or discipline.
2. The main aim of the Internship is enhancement of the employability skills of the students passing out from Technical Institutions.
3. The model curriculum includes the internship for students of six months duration at different stages of the programme.
4. Internships may be full-time or part-time. Internships are full-time during the semester break and part-time during the academic session.
5. The students undergo the internship for duration of one month during their semester break of 2nd Semester, 3rd Semester, 4th Semester, 5th Semester and 6th Semester. Part-time Internship can also be done during the academic session after college hrs.
6. During the Last semester/ 7th - 8th semesters, students may take Project Work & Seminar as specified in the curriculum of the institute.
1. The students are instructed and encouraged from time to time to apply for various Internships of their choice by visiting AICTE website www.aicte-india.org.
2. Request Letter for doing Internship in company during semester break (Vacation Slot) for duration of 4 weeks (One Month) is issued from T & P Cell to the students.
3. Students with this request letter approach and apply to various companies/Industries/Training cum Internships according to their choice and preference.
4. Students undergo Industrial Training/Internship at the concerned Industry / Organization.
5. The student on successful completion of Internship / Training needs to obtain the Certificate from the Industry and submit this Internship Certificate to Departmental T & P Coordinator.
6. The concerned department maintains the records for the Internships.