LOKMANYA TILAK COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING,NAVI MUMBAI
IMPLEMENTATION OF MANDATORY INTERNSHIP POLICY FOR STUDENTS
- As per AICTE norms, it is mandatory for every student enrolled to complete the internship during their 4 years of Engineering, failing which a student may not be able to get the degree certificate even after completion of necessary course credits.
AICTE Internship Policy – 02.04.2019,
- Internships are educational and career development opportunities, providing practical experience in a field or discipline.
- The main aim of the Internship is enhancement of the employability skills of the students passing out from Technical Institutions.
- The model curriculum includes the internship for students of six months duration at different stages of the programme.
- Internships may be full-time or part-time. Internships are full-time during the semester break and part-time during the academic session.
- The students undergo the internship for duration of one month during their semester break of 2nd Semester, 3rd Semester, 4th Semester, 5th Semester and 6th Semester. Part-time Internship can also be done during the academic session after college hrs.
- During the Last semester/ 7th - 8th semesters, students may take Project Work & Seminar as specified in the curriculum of the institute.
- The students are instructed and encouraged from time to time to apply for various Internships of their choice by visiting AICTE website www.aicte-india.org.
- Request Letter for doing Internship in company during semester break (Vacation Slot) for duration of 4 weeks (One Month) is issued from T & P Cell to the students.
- Students with this request letter approach and apply to various companies/Industries/Training cum Internships according to their choice and preference.
- Students undergo Industrial Training/Internship at the concerned Industry / Organization.
- The student on successful completion of Internship / Training needs to obtain the Certificate from the Industry and submit this Internship Certificate to Departmental T & P Coordinator.
- The concerned department maintains the records for the Internships.