Library Usage Policies:
Open access system is followed in the Library.
- Strict and absolute silence shall be observed in the Library.
- Cell Phone to be switched off inside the Library.
- Bags, Raincoat, Jerkin and Casual wears are strictly prohibited inside the library.
- Members are requested to keep their belongings at the entrance of the Library. However they are advised not to leave cell phones, purse, money, credit card and other valuables in their bag. These items are liable to be lost.
- Books will not be issued to members on the library card of others.
- If the due date falls on a holiday for the Library, the next working day will be taken as the due date.
- If any book is lost or damaged beyond repair, the person responsible shall replace it with a new copy or pay the cost of the recent price and 30% handling charges
- or as may be decided by the librarian.
- No sub-lending of books is permitted.
Any kind of marking, underlining, clipping of books is absolutely forbidden. Readers shall be held responsible for any damage done to the book belonging to the Library and shall be required to replace such book or pay the value thereof.
- Under special circumstances, the Librarian may refuse the issue of books or recall the books already issued from any member without assigning any reason thereof.
- The following conditions are to be followed for the renewal of books [i] The book has to be produced in the Library for renewal. [ii] More than one renewal will not be allowed.
- The Borrower will be responsible for any loss or non-return of any books issued against his / her original (or) duplicate library Card.
- No reminders will be issued to individuals but consolidated list of defaulters will be displayed in the library notice board.
- Reference books, Newspapers, Magazines, Journals should not be taken outside the library.
- The Library may accept donation of manuscripts, books, periodicals etc. from the donors. Such donations once accepted will become the absolute property of the Library.
Library users are expected to:
- Respect Institute property;
- Abide by all Institute and Library policies, licensing and contractual agreements;
- Comply with all requests made by library staff;
- Show valid identification upon request;
- Use Library resources (content, equipment, or facilities) safely and appropriately